New Scholar, Camryn Vader, Shares her Volunteer Experience

Camryn Vader standing in front of University Medical Center before volunteer shift

Camryn Vader, a rising Junior and double major in Neuroscience and Public Health at Tulane University, is a new member of our GCSP Class of 2023 Cohort! One of her many extracurricular activities is volunteering at University Medical Center, located in Downtown New Orleans. Camryn shares some of her experiences: 

As a Volunteer in the Emergency Department, my primary job is to walk the next-of-kin to the room their loved one is in. Although this is my main priority, you can also find me greeting patients at the front desk, providing support to patients in the waiting room, transporting patients from their car to the hospital, answering phone calls, and delivering food to patients in treatment rooms. Being a volunteer allows me to serve the New Orleans community and gain an understanding of different cultures and ways of life. Moreover, it provides me a way to integrate heart and soul into healthcare while providing adequate care for patients.”

Thanks for sharing Camryn! We are excited to have you in our next cohort of Scholars!